3D Digital X-ray Orange County
3D digital x-ray technology at the Orange County practice of Dr. Andrew Mortensenenables us to deliver diagnoses and treatment that are more accurate and efficient. Our cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) system gives us a high-resolution view of the areas in the jaw and face that are not visible to the naked eye, but are crucial to your oral health.
During more than 30 years of practice, Dr. Mortensen has taken great pride in providing his patients with the absolute best care by using the most advanced tools and techniques available. 3D digital x-rays are another technological milestone in dental care that we are proud to have implemented at our office.
To learn more about the many benefits of digital x-ray technology, contact our Orange County practice serving Huntington Beach, Costa Mesa and Fountain Valley.
The Benefits of 3D Digital X-rays (CBCT)
3D digital x-rays offer several important benefits over traditional x-rays, including:
- Enhanced visibility: Digital 3D x-rays provide a vastly superior view of otherwise inaccessible areas.
- Increased efficiency: Instead of having to wait for the x-rays to develop, this digital technology provides instant referential images.
- Improved analysis and treatment planning: These images can be enlarged, enhanced, rotated 360 degrees and adjusted for optimal contrast. This level of accuracy is especially beneficial during the planning phase of dental implant surgery. It is extremely important that implants be placed in an area of the jaw with adequate bone mass, where nerves, blood vessels, and sinus cavities will not be disturbed.
In addition to dental implant surgery, digital x-rays also aid in:
- Detecting cavities
- Diagnosing infected and impacted teeth
- Planning a root canal procedure
- Diagnosing dental trauma
Another important benefit of digital x-rays is that they produce far less waste than their analog predecessors. Because no film, plastic or chemicals are needed to produce a digital x-ray, patients receive superior care in a manner that is also environmentally friendly.
How CBCT Works
During treatment, a patient's head is positioned between two sides of a horseshoe-shaped scanner. The scanner rotates in a complete circle around the head, using a cone-shaped x-ray beam to capture data. That data is then used to create a 3D image of the teeth, jaw, sinuses and jaw joints.
Learn More about 3D Digital X-rays
Throughout the course of his career, Dr. Andrew Mortensen has seen dentistry evolve and improve. He has taken part in extensive continuing education to remain at the forefront of the very best techniques and innovations. His commitment to providing excellent care and long-lasting results led him to invest in 3D and 2D digital x-ray units to make the patient experience more comfortable and efficient.
If you are in need of restorative dental care, you can depend upon Dr. Mortensen's expertise and technology to give you the healthy, functional smile you deserve. If you are interested in learning more about how innovations such as digital x-rays are helping our Orange County practice to provide truly outstanding dental care, please contact us today at (714) 964-4183 or (866) 736-8860.
Reach out to us today to set up an appointment and strengthen your oral health.
“I am proud to have served patients in our community. Through continuing education and state-of-the-art equipment, we are able to offer you and your family the high level of care you're looking for.” Andrew G. Mortensen, D.D.S.