Instant Orthodontics with Porcelain Veneers
By Andrew Mortensen, DDS on April 01, 2015
You can have beautifully straight teeth without the need for cumbersome metal braces. Porcelain veneers can be used as instant orthodontics to transform your smile in as little as two dental visits. To find out if instant orthodontics are right for you, we welcome you to schedule a consultation with Fountain Valley cosmetic dentist Andrew G. Mortensen.
Candidates for Instant Orthodontics with Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are wafer-thin, tooth-shaped restorations. They are used to hide a number of dental flaws such as discoloration, chips, and tooth shape and size. When used as instant orthodontics, porcelain veneers can mask alignment issues, making the teeth appear straight. They can also be used to close gaps between teeth. Instant orthodontics treatment, using porcelain veneers, can be completed in as little as two dental visits over a couple of weeks, as opposed to traditional orthodontics, which requires monthly dental visits for one year or more. Some common issues instant orthodontics can address include:
- Crooked teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Misshaped teeth
- Disproportionate teeth
What Is the Treatment Process for Instant Orthodontics?
Once we determine that a patient is a good candidate for instant orthodontics, treatment will begin. The treatment process for placing instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers typically requires two dental appointments. During the first appointment, the teeth are prepared for veneer placement by removing a tiny layer of the tooth's enamel. This allows the veneers to fit smoothly against the teeth, and prevents the veneers from looking bulky. Once the teeth are prepared, impressions are taken so the technicians at the dental lab can craft each veneer for a custom fit. Temporary veneers will be placed until the finished veneers are ready. A second appointment will then be required to place the veneers. During this dental visit, the veneers will be bonded to the teeth to instantly transform the appearance of your smile.
The Benefits of Instant Orthodontics
There are many benefits of choosing instant orthodontics treatment with porcelain veneers. Instant orthodontics treatment improves the smile of those who simply don't have enough time to undergo traditional orthodontics treatment. Saving time is not the only benefit for instant orthodontics. Other benefits include:
- Immediate results: Instant orthodontics provides immediate results so you can enjoy the benefits of a flawless smile in only a couple of dental visits. On the other hand, traditional orthodontics require months, sometimes years, of metal braces.
- Comfortable: Porcelain veneers are comfortable and feel like your own teeth.
- Pain-free: Instant orthodontic treatment is painless, which gives this treatment a major advantage over traditional orthodontics. Traditional orthodontics requires regular tightening of the braces, and can cause pain and discomfort.
- Easy maintenance: Porcelain veneers are easy to care for, requiring the same care that you give your natural teeth.
- Improved aesthetics: Instant orthodontics improves the appearance of crooked teeth, as well as overall aesthetics. Each porcelain veneer is crafted to the desired shape, size, and color, so any number of flaws can be masked.
Find Out if You're a Candidate
To learn more about instant orthodontics or to find out if you're a candidate, schedule a consultation with Dr. Mortensen.
Related to This
Reach out to us today to set up an appointment and strengthen your oral health.
“I am proud to have served patients in our community. Through continuing education and state-of-the-art equipment, we are able to offer you and your family the high level of care you're looking for.” Andrew G. Mortensen, D.D.S.